Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Beam Me Up As Soon As Possible, Please.

I think I have entered a personal twilight zone. Although I am in a familiar (albeit foreign) environment for the past two weeks (week 3 started Sunday), I actually think I might be able to head for home. But the question is: Do I want to? I am in no rush (for a number of reasons) but I also want to "get gone." My dog seems fed up as well. I think she misses her home and the rest of the "pack." I am sort of antsy to see my daughter and her new apartment (it's actually not so new, she's been there awhile, but I just haven't seen it yet). There is also my son and his new home to lay an eyeball on, especially since he is in a location that is sort of on my way back down 95. He just reenlisted in the service for another 4 years, and I would like to see him before he goes out of country again, as I suspect he will. It's a big reason to leave soon.

Do I stay or go? I am like the unfortunate Big Boy of Bob's fame. Remember when the Bob's restaurant chain held the contest on whether or not to keep their robust red and white checkered icon? I admit it, I voted to keep him. My decision was more than validated when the Big Boy showed up in the first Austin Powers film as an escape pod for Dr. Evil. This is exactly what I need - an escape pod. I just have to put new tires on it first.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

Get thee gone Bob!

4:33 PM  
Blogger Margaret III said...

"Bobette" is getting it together to go. Keith Jr. called tonight - his brain must have been burning as I mentioned him to his stepdad. I told him to expect me after Labor Day.

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home